Arjuna – Arjuna Herb – Terminalia Arjuna
Terminalia Arjuna , commonly known as A” Arjuna Herb” belongs to the family of Combretaceae.
Arjuna also known as the “Arjun tree” and Natural Heart remedy.
Its bark decoction is being used in the Indian subcontinent for anginal pain, hypertension, congestive heart failure, and dyslipidemia, based on the observations of ancient physicians for centuries.
Benefits of Arjuna Herb
- This herb is mostly known as a cholesterol lowering.
- It helps to control the blood cholesterol levels and can be good for people having atherosclerosis in which cholesterol plaques block arteries at one or multiple sites.
- Arjun’s stem bark powderd use in heart ailments ( angina pectoris) due to its cardioprotective action.
- Arjun strengthens and tones the heart muscles and helps in proper functioning of the heart.
- The tannins present in Arjuna extracts act as very useful anti –oxidants for the body.
- Co-Q10 which is very important for the heart muscles, is abundantly found in Arjuna tree bark. It stabilizes the heart when one is suffering from Angina or is susceptible to develop it.
- Arjuna detoxify the blood due to its astringent effects.
- In females it can be used to support the uterus and regulate the hormonal cycle.
- Arjun can also help to relieve excess bleeding in menorrhagia( heavy vaginal bleeding with menstrual cycle).
- Arjuna has an effective balancing effect on the kapha and pitta doshas of the body. In this way, it helps to heal wounds and ulcerations.( As per Ayurvedic concept tridoshas are present in human body , whom which Arjun balance kapha and pitta dosha)
How to use Arjuna Herb
- Using Arjuna Powder
- Take water , milk and Arjun bark in 16:8:1 ratio (2 Cup Water : 1 Cup Milk : One tsp of Arjun Bark Powder)
- Boil this mixture like you boil tea for 2-3 minutes
- Heat this mixture on low heat to evaporate all the water.
- Filter the mixture (Kadha/ Arjun bark milk)
- Drink this as a tea. Using Raw Arjuna pieces
For maximum benefits in case of heart problems, Arjuna chaal boiled in milk should be taken 1-2 times a day.
- Using Raw Arjuna pieces
- Soak a few small pieces of Arjuna in a bowl of water overnight
- Boil it the next morning in the same water for a few minutes
- Allow it to cool and pass it through a sieve
- Your health drink is ready. Have this water before or after breakfast every day.
Dosage Of Arjuna
- Powder 3-6 gm
- Decoction 50-100 ml, in divided dose per day.
- Clinical studies have been conducted in cardiovascular disorders using Terminalia Arjuna bark extract at doses of 500 mg every 8 hours for up to 3 months.
400 gm, 800 gm